Saturday, August 7, 2021

Summer Sailing


For Frank


Summer Sailing


The wind in my sail
Lifts me up
Gets me wet and
Powers me around the lake

I may get stuck in the irons
But there is a way out
Hard left 90°
Now moving again

Faster than ever 
the Black water sings
Hold on tight
There's a wind to ride

The Dolphin is
Battered and bruised
The keel leaks but
A little chemistry on the holes
And she's as good as new

Now sailing
Around this lake
Such pure freedom
On the wind

Yet the wind tricks you along 
The shores
The wind curls inward 
Under the trees

I'm steering to open water
A gust of wind
Is behind my sail
Pure flight in reverie 

Summer sailing
With my dolphin
Is fabulous peace
and harmony

Windy days
Are a delight
With my sail boat
The Dolphin 


--Michael Hooper
Aug. 7, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment