Saturday, August 24, 2019

I Fall Down



I run too hard, I'm a mania of sorts,
I go to extremes, to see explosions of light across the sky, 
to feel love, to see the majestic, the eternal.

I climb too high, I go too far, I say too much.
And now I hurt

I'm slipping down, let me fall, there's no climbing from here

Yet I ask myself, what would life be without the extremes,
without the OCDs, the artist who stays awake 24 hours chasing a muse. Life would be dull for sure.

All the agony 
And hate in this world
Kind of gets me down
with a pain in my side
Now here I am standing on my knees

I'm slipping down, let me fall.
I can't seem to do it any other way
I'm falling down, let me be

I walk into the rain,
just to feel droplets of water on my body
I'm soaked, but I don't mind

Sometimes I just need to 
work myself out of this pain
drink water and rest 
Read 1000 pages
Shower for an hour
and
start dreaming again

I get up and move slowly
I got an idea, now working it
I feel a good vibe going here
Seeing new dimensions, man

Now I start running
faster ever farther
The trail opens wide
I run into fields of flowers
scented by lavender and pine
Sunshine melts my vision
into yellow and gold

I burn burn burn
in the cycle of life
Until I crash again
half alive
on my knees

I crawl, I ache
I cry

I'm slipping down
let me fall
there's no climbing from here

I'm falling down
let me be
there's no climbing from here



--Michael Hooper, August 2019

3 comments:

  1. Fuckin' rad. Atomic creativity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Atomic levels of creativity, now that gets me excited!

      Delete
  2. HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM THIS GREAT COMPANY

    Hello my dear people, I am Linda McDonald, currently living in Austin Texas, USA. I am a widow at the moment with three kids and i was stuck in a financial situation in April 2018 and i needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit ,do not full prey to those hoodlums at there that call them self-money lender they are all scam , all they want is your money and you well not hear from them again they have done it to me twice before I met Mr. David Wilson the most interesting part of it is that my loan was transfer to me within 74hours so I will advise you to contact Mr. David if you are interested in getting loan and you are sure you can pay him back on time you can contact him via email……… (davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com) No credit check, no cosigner with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral then contact Mr. David Wilson today for your loan

    They offer all kind of categories of loan they

    Short term loan (5_10years)
    Long term loan (20_40)
    Media term loan (10_20)
    They offer loan like
    Home loan............., Business loan........ Debt loan.......
    Student loan.........., Business startup loan
    Business loan......., Company loan.............. etc
    Email..........( davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com)
    When it comes to financial crisis and loan then David Wilson loan financial is the place to go please just tell him I Mrs. Linda McDonald direct you Good Luck.......................

    ReplyDelete