Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Yellow My World





The clouds disappear
There is a wet luster
On the leaves
after the rain

We are together again
Creating plans
Embracing the sun
Riding down the trail


Birds sing, flowers bloom
butterflies dance
I am alive
With intoxicating oxygen


Astonishing amazement
Just looking at the clouds
Reflected in the waters
Watching fish below the surface
Lily pads all around me

I paint Ian, the backwoods hippy poet


I paint the colors of his eyes
Green brown and gold with
A sparkle of laughter and love

Enchantment is my religion
I am excited by the green colors of the forest,
the shades of blue in the sea,
the crimson red in the rocks.

Yellow my world
Green me up
Brown me gold

Paint my eyes
The color of the sky
Paint my face 
The color of my race

Time is running
Fast against my body
So I paint while
I can
While the image is aglow

--Poem, photography and artworks by Michael Hooper, summer 2019




No comments:

Post a Comment