Saturday, December 8, 2018

Flight To The Stars


A friend of mine is calling
Sometimes he is haunted
by toxic fears and sorrows

He visits the graveyard of regret
I should have done this
I should have done that

He digs up bones 
and old photographs
the fragments of a lost life
He finds no peace

I say don't go there
I'm all about creating for today
Not the graveyard of regret 
Let the dead bury the dead

The anxiety of
change
paralyzes you 
And decimates your will

If you want freedom,
Free your mind
focus on the living
the hyper truth 
the magnificence of this moment

Tired and in pain
the hiker still climbs higher
To achieve a greater view
Top of the mountain
The valley below

I would rather be
Hunting and gathering
For music that moves me
Poetry that lifts me
Art that inspires me

I'm about the Awakening
the rapture, 
the ecstasy 
the flight to the Stars

There is no limit
to our height
and depth
because I know we are
part of infinity

I am the transcendentalist
the idealist, the mystic
manner of delight

My spaceship is gathering speed
I'm going to a planet 11 million
light years away. 
In my mind,
the travel is but an instant

Transportation is transcendence
I'm the transcendentalist
My flight is to the stars.
Won't you come with me dear friend

There is no one living in the 
graveyard of regret.

-Michael Hooper
Dec. 8, 2018












No comments:

Post a Comment